Theoretical study centre of the manufacture of metallic materials processes: simulation, modelling processes, pre and post-transformation processes
The center has the equipment and knowledge to meet basic scientific needs to optimize the performance of experimental tests based on previous theoretical results.
The objective of the theoretical study center is to increase the performance of the experimental activities, using and/or developing the scientific theoretical tools that can help to minimize the trials.
SIMULATION AND SOLIDIFICATION PROCESSES
FUNDACIÓN AZTERLAN has commercial tools capable of simulating the processes related to the dynamics of any type of fluids including, in a very particular way, the filling of foundry molds (QuickCast, OpenFoam). These softwares could be applied in a very large scope of processes in which fluids are the main stream.
It also has capabilities to simulate cooling processes using the same commercial softwares and using own simulation tools that base their developments on metal quality in real time and are not based on standard databases (Eidocalc, Thermolan).
The center has trained personnel to program any kind of metallurgical transformation process involving associated fluid dynamics.
Processes modelling is performed combining the experimental knowledge with the customer specifications and the thermochemical results and thermochemical simulations (FactSage, Thermo-Calc, Dictra).
Through these tools a variety of calculations could be performed based on theoretical characteristics of process and materials, as:
• Stable and meta-stable heterogeneous phase equilibria
• Amounts of phases and their compositions
• Thermochemical data such as enthalpies, heat capacity and activities
• Transformation temperatures, such as liquidus and solidus
• Driving force for phase transformations
• Phase diagrams (binary, ternary and multi-component)
• Solidification calculations
• Thermodynamic properties of chemical reactions
• Microsegregation during solidification
• Homogenization of alloys
• Growth/dissolution of metallic phases
• Coarsening of precipitate phases
• Interdiffusion in compounds
• Phases transformations in metallic materials
• Heat treatment simulation
• Post weld heat treatment
PRE AND POST TRANSFORMATION PROCESSES
The Precipitation software (Prisma) extends the functionality available through Thermo-Calc and the Diffusion module (Dictra) and can be used for calculations of:
• Concurrent nucleation, growth/dissolution and coarsening of precipitates
• Temporal evolution of particle size distribution
• Average particle radius and number density
• Volume fraction and composition of precipitate
• Nucleation rate and coarsening rate
• Time-Temperature-Precipitation (TTP) diagrams
• Continuous-Cooling-Transformation (CCT) diagrams
• Estimation of multi-component interfacial energy
Directional Solidification Furnace
Thermo-Calc, Dictra and Prisma Software
Let us get to know you better. Answer some questions and your 4.0
link will present you with the best proposal for incorporating 4.0 solutions