Pilot plant for the development and manufacture of components for extreme conditions: ceramics, MMC-s and CMC-s, coatings, advanced joints.
The pilot plant for the manufacture of components for extreme conditions has the following lines of work:
1.- Manufacture of Ceramics-CERMETS-MMC and MCM-s:
• Facilities for the adaptation of the raw material: Grinding and mixing, granulation (spray drying and fluidized bed), preparation of Feedstock: feedstocks for the process of injection molding of powders and for additive manufacturing by extrusion of material, synthesis of ceramics and cermets
• Cold pressing forming: uniaxial pressing, PIM and additive manufacturing.
• Sintering without pressure (furnaces up to 2000ºC with different atmospheres) and sintering assisted with mechanical pressure (hot press, SPS and ERS).
2.- Processes of Advanced Unions:
• Micro-Laser for the wleding of very thin parts and materials that require a low thermal input.
• Brazing / diffusion bonding process: Brazing furnace that works up to 1200ºC in different degrees of vacuum. It has a forced cooling system to adequate the cooling rate.
• Induction brazing equipment.
• Access to electron beam welding (EBW) equipment for the development of high requirements joints.
3.- Manufacture of high performance coatings:
• Plasma Spray thermal projection process: Atmospheric Plasma Spray (APS).
• High speed deposition processes: High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF).
• Specific deposition processes developed in TECNALIA: detonation: High Frequency Pulse Detonation (HFPD) and high speed combustion: High Velocity Combustion: Oxy-Fuel Ionization (OFI) and HVOF / HVAF.
Innovent ExOne Binder Jetting equipment
Sintering furnaces with controlled atmosphere up to 1400C
Sintering furnaces with high vacuum up to 2000C
Spry Dryer YAMATO: powder granulation.
Development of new solutions for harsh environments
Life-time increase of components under extreme conditions
Manufacturing of components for extreme conditions
Let us get to know you better. Answer some questions and your 4.0
link will present you with the best proposal for incorporating 4.0 solutions